I am an Award Winner, what should I wear?
- If you are attending from a School/College then School uniform/Smart attire is advised. If you are from an Umbrella organisation such as the Scouts or Air cadets then please do wear your uniform. If you are from a Club/Youth organisation and have a uniform, then wear that. Otherwise once again, smart attire is advised. This is a special occasion so we want you to look your best!
How long is the event?
- Generally the event runs for 90 minutes. These timings can fluctuate depending on the amount of Award Winners attending from the area. Larger boroughs such as Enfield and Tower Hamlets can have events that run up to 2 hours. Smaller districts such as Tendring and Uttlesford can expect their events to run to around 1 hour.
How do I book tickets?
- Please follow this link for more information.
When will I receive my tickets?
- Tickets will arrive with the Jack Petchey Coordinator for your organisation around 2 weeks before the event.
Who can I contact for extra tickets?
- Please contact the Jack Petchey Coordinator for your organisation. They will then need to contact us here at the Foundation. Please give them as much notice as possible, especially bearing in mind that the event is ticketed 2 weeks before the event and all tickets may have already been allocated for that particular venue.
Where do I sit when I arrive?
- All award winners will sit with their organisation, generally in the same block of seating. This not only helps to build the momentum and excitement but it also makes it easier for our winners to access the stage.
Can I take photos/film the event?
- Yes! We encourage all to take photos of such a special occasion. We do have a professional photographer capturing moments but please feel free to take as many photos as you wish as well. Filming is also welcomed and these videos are quite often posted to our Social Networking pages which we think is great! (Links are at the bottom of this page).
Where can I download my photograph taken at the event?
- Photograph's are available to download here. They are free and available to download the day after the event.
If I can't attend the event, can I still receive my medallion?
- Only in exceptional circumstances will we consider allowing non-attending winners to receive their medallion.
Do I have to be an award winner to be able to provide entertainment?
- No. Whilst some award winners do perform, we welcome and encourage performances from all local talent. When we invite Award winners to our events we sent out Performance Request Forms to the Jack Petchey Coordinator's at your organisation. If you want to perform please do let them know. Alternatively, if you are a local performance group and are interested in performing, please follow this link for more information.
“It was the best moment of my life (so far!) and I know that sounds sooo cliché but it's actually true!”