Individual Grants for Volunteering
What is an individual grant for volunteering?
The Jack Petchey Foundation wants to support young people who volunteer their free time to help others in need.
The purpose of this fund is to give you the opportunity to achieve more out of life and we want to encourage you to take on new challenges and develop your personal and social skills through volunteering.
So, if you are planning a volunteer project in your local community or abroad and need financial assistance with the cost, please read on!
Examples of projects that we would fund:
* Joining a conservation project to improve the environment for others.
* Helping out on a trip for other disadvantaged people in your community.
* Undertaking some voluntary service overseas or in your local community.
We will only consider funding you if the volunteering aspect is the main focus of your project.
If your project is a trip that includes an expedition / trek / safari etc and only has a small element of voluntary work involved, then you are unlikely to be successful.
The Foundation particularly wants to support those young people who may not otherwise have the opportunity to take part because of their personal circumstances. We will favour projects which benefit those in most need.
The maximum grant offered will be £300 per person, and we will only fund up to 50% of the actual cost of your project. (We expect you to be committed to raising the balance)
- If your total project cost is £200, we will award a maximum of £100
- If your total project cost is £1,000, we will award a maximum of £300