Who Can Apply for a Small Grant?
Please note that in order to be considered as operating the scheme effectively you must be regularly allocating both Achievement Awards to young people AND Leader Awards to adults within your organisation. You must also be meeting all reporting deadlines.
For information on our Leader Award Scheme please CLICK HERE
Applications must be led by the Achievement Award Coordinator however we encourage involvement from Leader Award winners in deciding projects.
* If you operate multiple schemes or are an umbrella group then you will be eligible to apply for one small grant for every 'active' Leader. If you are unsure how many Leader Awards you are eligible to award please contact your Grants Officer.
In order to apply you must:
- Have been running the Achievement Award effectively for at least 12 months and continue to do so (this includes submitting reports on time)
- Have an 'active' JPF Leader Award. Every time you recognise a Leader your organisation is then eligible to apply to the next two rounds of small grants. (Rounds always open in the Spring and the Autumn). Each Leader can only be successful once (allowing you the opportunity to apply again if you miss / are unsuccessful in your first round).
- Have not already received a small grant in connection with your 'active' leader.
- Be prepared to write a brief report on your project, activity or event.
The project, activity or event you want to fund must fulfil the following:
- The maximum grant available is £500 - there is no minimum value
- The total project cost must not exceed £5,000
- It must be good value for money
- It must benefit a group of young people (not just an individual)
- It must help young people most in need of JPF support
- The project must be completed within 12 months of funding being awarded
- Groups who raise a contribution to the project costs themselves will be assessed more favourably
We will not fund:
- Groups who submit incomplete applications
- Projects where the total project cost exceeds £5,000
- Projects that have already happened
- Applications from organisations who have already received a small grant for their 'active' Leader
- Applications for projects where statutory provisions have been made
- Applications which are solely asking for funding for ongoing staff costs