Lord Mayor's Show 2012 competition
On Saturday 10 November 2012 the incredible happens! The Lord Mayor’s Show is like no other procession in the world. It is 3 miles long and nearly 800 years old and its 6000 participants will spend months preparing floats for the amazement of hundreds of thousands of people (as well as a live TV audience of over 2 million) who line the streets of the City to watch them go by. This truly is an event not to be missed.
The Jack Petchey Foundation has two floats entered, one of which is an open top double decker bus - and we want YOU to help us design it!
We want you to produce a livery (artwork that covers the side and back of the bus) and we want it to be colourful, vibrant, youthful and full of energy. We want our livery to represent everything the Jack Petchey Foundation and young people stand for. We want our bus to be the envy of London!!!
Your design will be brought to life by professional graphic designers and will cover the entire bus. You will also have the opportunity to accompany the bus on the parade as it travels through the City of London in front of hundreds of thousands of people (and millions live on BBC TV).
The competition will be judged by the top man himself, the Pageant Master of the Lord Mayor's Show (the man in charge of the whole event), Dominic Read.
- Your design should be based around the four core values of the Jack Petchey Foundation:
- Remember we work with (and for) young people and we want our bus to reflect that – so the design should be colourful, energetic, full of life, vibrant and youthful.
- Your design must contain the Jack Petchey Foundation logo prominently featured as an integral part. For background information you can find out more about what we do at www.jackpetcheyfoundation.org.uk. Our logo is available at www.jackpetcheyfoundation.org.uk/?managing-your-jpf-funding/download-our-logo.html.
- Think about practicality – the design needs to be bold so that it stands out from the crowd. Make a statement with big images.
- There will also be young people walking alongside the bus (and on the top deck) - maybe you will want to include them in your design using costumes or props?
- Entries can be made in any form – hand-drawn or by computer.
- You do not need to be an excellent designer or drawer – it is creativity we are looking for. We will help bring your design to life.
- Be adventurous and make us proud to support young people in London.
HOW TO ENTER
Send entries to Lee Thompson, Jack Petchey Foundation, Exchange House, 13-14 Clements Court, Clements Lane, Ilford, Essex IG1 2QY or email email@example.com by FRIDAY 21 SEPTEMBER 2012.
The winner will work with the Jack Petchey Foundation and the design team through every step of the process from finalising the design to seeing it come to fruition. They will accompany the float on the Parade day on Saturday 10 November 2012. The winner will also receive 4 tickets for the VIP stand for family/friends. The Jack Petchey Foundation will publicise the winning entry widely and the winner will be required to be available for TV/press/media interviews and photographs.
Contact Lee Thompson, Head of Events firstname.lastname@example.org.