The Jack Petchey Foundation recognises that a small grant can often go a long way to enhance a youth programme.
St Mary's Richmond Athletic Club
The Small Grants Fund allows those organisations running the Achievement Award Scheme well, to apply for a small grant of up to £750 to enhance their work with young people.
To apply for a Small Grant please click here. We advise reading our Guidance Notes and Frequently Asked Questions before applying.
Please note that you must already be running the Achievement Award in your school or club, AND you must have recently nominated a Leader Award winner too. For more information on this see How to Apply.
The following information provides more detail about the small grants programme.
What types of projects can be funded by a Small Grant?
Organisations can apply for a huge variety of projects.
All applications are scored and we will assess projects on the need, the benefit they will provide to young people, and the involvement that young people have had in their planning.
In 2015 the following small grants were approved:
- Bentley Wood High School purchased Kite Making equipment for a Year 7 project
- Bexleyheath & Belvedere held a summer hockey camp with training from an ex Olypmic Hockey Player
- Canons High School purchased a telescope and starscope for the thriving Astronomy Club
- South London Dance Studio went to the Opera House to see a full length ballet
- London Borough of Redbridge Swimming Club took 30 young people to Stubbers Activity Centre for a challenging weekend of rock climbing, caving, canooeing and other team building activities.
- West Hub Streetwise Centre took 20 young people to Winter Wonderland
- Chiswick School used the small grant towards food and an excursion for the Year 12 sudents whilst completing a volunteering trip in South Africa.
- West Lea School developed the Happy Cafe by purchasing bistro tables and chairs and making the amosphere more pleasant.
- Claxton Cricket held an 'Its a Knockout' community day!
We encourage you to be as creative as you can!
What are the benefits of a small grant?
Grants can help to make a real difference to your school or club in areas of need.
£750 can go a long way if used efficiently and effectively.
To read examples of previous small grants given please read Case Study 1 and Case Study 2.
How many small grants can we receive?
For each leader you recognise, you are eligible to apply for one small grant in either of the two consecutive small grant rounds following their approval.