Our Vision and Mission
The Jack Petchey Foundation was established 1999.
Sir Jack Petchey with some of our Achievement Award winners
Our vision is of a world where young people have high aspirations; the opportunity to develop their potential; the chance to be architects of their own future; to play a full part in society and to be valued and recognised for the positive things they achieve.Our Mission:
To enable young people (aged 11 – 25 years in London and Essex), to achieve their potential by inspiring, investing in, developing and promoting activities that increase their personal, social, emotional and physical development.Our Values:
The Jack Petchey Foundation draws on the ideology, vision and values of its Patron Sir Jack Petchey CBE who epitomises the saying: “If you think you can, you can!”We seek to:
- Inspire and raise the aspirations of young people.
- Affirm, reward and celebrate achievement.
- Value young people and those who work with them, advocating their views and putting young peoples’ voice at the centre of our work.
- Develop young peoples’ confidence, motivating them to take on new challenges and to believe in themselves.
- Be positive and promote a positive perspective on life.
- Be inclusive, working at grass roots and building communities.
- Promote a culture of ‘giving something back’.
- Strive for excellence in our work.
In order to achieve our mission we:
- Invest: in youth organisations and programmes that represent value for money and create inclusive and positive opportunities for young people to engage, excel and achieve.
- Instigate: new, innovative and high profile programmes that fill gaps in current education or youth work practice and that give young people the opportunity to develop new skills and experiences.
- Influence: a change in the way that society sees, values and treats young people. We highlight the positive things that young people achieve and challenge the often negative portrayal of youth in our society, through public celebrations and promotion in the media. Ultimately we influence change by enabling young people to “be the change they want to see in the world”.